Kelsus is dedicated to staying ahead of software trends both in terms of technology and the processes to produce high quality, resilient software. We dive deep into this topic in our long running podcast at mobycast.fm.
Building the best possible software teams is about choosing the right tools in the cloud (AWS), owning work product end to end (Serverless/Containerization/Devops), and giving developers room to grow and succeed.
- Proven cloud native architectures
- Build with operational ownership in mind
- Lean product — experiments and data driven decisions
- Share knowledge through code reviews and pair programming
- Developer one-on-one mentoring and continuing education
- Annual offsite conference to brush up on technical practices and strengthen team bonds
- CI/CD with Circle CI, Docker/AWS
- Feature flagging for reducing blast radius and allowing experimentation
- Dedicated, experienced product manager to manage team success and feature quality
- Direct access to team members via Slack
- Project progress management via Trello, Jira, Pivotal or other
- Weekly software progress and prioritization meetings
Every startup is different, that’s why we don’t have a one size fits all process to shoehorn you into.
That said, there is a typical framework we’ve seen emerge from all of our projects that looks something about like this:
Things happen. Sometimes a client decides to move on from Kelsus. Maybe they want to hire their own in-house team, or maybe an investor requires a different outsourced team.
Kelsus prioritizes creating useful material and software at every step and we’ll commit to making the transition to another team as easy as possible.
- Phase 1 will produce a usable designs, requirements, and a prioritized backlog that you can take to another team.
- Development phases will always produce working software that another team can take over.