Elastic Load Balancing
Collaborating partners Eric Dovichi, MD and medical imaging entrepreneur Curtis Himy, teamed up when they realized that despite the wide array of communications platforms in the world, nothing suited the specific demands and information security requirements of doctors. They have created ChatBunker to fill this gap and combine powerful scheduling and communication in a practice-friendly application.
ChatBunker initially partnered with Kelsus to build a group chat feature for their communications platform, and in the process of working together, Kelsus suggested an alternative approach to security which allowed ChatBunker to achieve better modularity and scalability by introducing Docker and moving the applications to AWS.
ChatBunker is in production and currently in use by healthcare professionals daily, and Kelsus and ChatBunker’s partnership is ongoing as Kelsus develops additional features and systems.
- Engineering process and security consulting resulted in moving entire system to AWS.
- Startup product research and consultation revealed that even in an age of other HIPAA compliant communications such as Slack, Doctor’s communications and scheduling needs are not well met.
- Rapid development of key features including group chat and screen sharing enabled by Kelsus’s Docker-based CI/CD pipeline.
- Node.js microservice hosted on ECS for screen sharing.
- React native application integrated into a Rails-based web app for group chat.